When the harsh Lady of winter, Yuki-Onna, lays her bleak mantle over the
land, join Their Sylvan Majesties, Christopher and Morgen, as they
celebrate Mi-no-Hi, the Japanese midwinter Festival of the Snake.
Come one, come all as the year and the fervor of warriors and artists
are renewed in friendly competition.
Fighters and fencers, bring your
blades and purify them in the cold fire of battle and be rewarded with
treasures from the Silk Road and beyond.
Good gentles come display your
talents in venues of costuming, bardic, and artistic contest.
in the ceremony of tea and view Asian fashions on display.
whole clan to rejoice in the warm heart of Aethelmearc's oriental
splendor whilst winter spends her fury outside.
The Festival will be held
February 28th, 2009
at North Park Lodge Facility, North Rd, Allison Park, PA
in the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands.
The Site opens at 10:00 am and closes at 9:00 pm.
Full schedule of events.
The Site is damp and open flames are permitted.
Directions to Festival.
- Warriors, cry your death poem for entry, and prizes,
to the Shieldless Tourney.
- Muster your comrades in arms for the 3 man spear unit Tourney,
with a Royal prize for the best unit heraldic device.
- There can be only one, in the Cut to Kill Fencing Tourney.
- Youth fighters demonstrate your prowess in a shieldless Tourney.
- Artisans show your skill in the Arts and Sciences Competition
with a concentration in Japanese calligraphy.
More information on the A&S Competition.
- Seamstresses, display your finest creations to
Their Royal Majesties
in the Silk Road Garb Show
with a concentration in Japanese garb.
More information on the garb show.
- Bards bring your nimble wit 'n wiles to a Bardic Bear Pit,
form to be announced in the morning,
and theme to be chosen by Their Royal Majesties.
More information on the bardic bear pit.
- Marvel as I Genesii stomps the boards in a traditional Kyogen performance.
- Learned Sensi and students, A&S classes await you.
- Families, throughout the day there are activites for all ages.
- A traditional Japanese Royal Court will be held.
Please read these notes regarding court.
Fees are $7.00 per adult for the day, $8.00 additional for the feast.
Children's discounts: Under 18 half price, 5 and under free.
The feast will be prepared by
Mistress Aoibheil of DunHolen.
More information on the feast.
Please make check or money order payable to "SCA, Inc. - BMDL".
Reservations are taken by Hilda Hugelmann -
Send to: Krista Cogan, 3815 Baytree St, Pittsburgh, PA 15214.
Reservations must include payment.
Include modern names of all people you are paying for with the reservation.
Troll will close at 3pm.
Any feast spaces paid for but not claimed by 3pm the day of the event
will be sold to those on the waiting list.
Please let the reservationist know ahead of time
if you will be arriving after 3pm.
Refunds requested before the day of the event will be honored.
Refunds requested the day of the event or after
will be considered but not guaranteed.
For this Day of festivities your Autocrat is
Lord Ogami Arashimoto no Shirou,
THL Allesandra d' Avignon (
Please direct any questions to
Lord Ogami Arashimoto no Shirou
Please include "MinoHi" in the subject line.